Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Don't MIS It has turned 1!


Don't MIS It is 1 year old and it's time to celebrate! Thank you so much to all my readers for following me and sharing your wonderful comments.   


In honor of this occasion here is a great DIY that can be used for any celebration.  I am always on the lookout for festive party decorations and am rarely able to find any unique ones that stay within my budget.  So when I came across this tutorial on MADE I was thrilled! RUFFLED STREAMERS are the perfect way to jazz up any celebration.  Follow the tutorial at www.dana-made-it.com, and sew up a few.  They are whimsical because they add a layer of texture to the classic streamer and pack a colorful punch!  They are also versatile and can be used for all occasions and events.  Even if you don't have festivities in your future, make some Ruffled Streamers and send them to a friend on their birthday; they will make anyone's day!


Enjoy, 
Margo Isadora


Set your machine to the longest stitch possible and strongest tension.
Photo Cred: Made

Do a quick forward then reverse stitch and sew down the middle.
(So that you sew both layers together)  

The streamers will magically ruffle up!
Photo Cred: Made

I lightly held my thread the entire time (to increase the tension)- was Perfect!
Photo Cred: Made

Finished and Neatly Wound!

Mother's Day!

Summer BBQ!

A Close-up of the beautiful ruffles!

ECU (Extreme Close Up)

60th B-day Spirit!

'My Paper Crane's' rainbow ruffles!
www.mypapercrane.com/blog/?p=1286
  

4 comments:

  1. I love your streamers! The color combos are great.
    Clever girl! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margo,,, Great photos and great ideas.....
    CONGRATULATIONS ON year one of DONT MIS IT

    Janet....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    thanks for sharing all these beautiful images.
    Grdma

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feeback! Thanks for sharing!