Monday, August 9, 2010

Color is Key


Color makes me happy. I have always surrounded myself with vibrant hues and have drawn inspiration from them... My room is my haven filled with colors, the walls, bed spread, doors, chairs, and art create a symphony 0f color. It is a palate of color that is uniquely me... The colors play off one another and infuse me with creativity. My mood is instantly elevated when I am in a colorful environment. My eyes love to play with the striking combinations that colors can create.
A favorite book of mine by Jonathan Adler's, My Prescription for Anti-Depressive Living. From the poodle eating froot loops to the gorgeous contemporary design and witty commentary it is a book that you can look through over and over again. I feel the same as Adler does about color. In the book he says, "It is nearly impossible to be gloomy in a persimmon bathroom or to be stressed out in a sage breakfast room. Color is the most accessible, over-the-counter, mood-altering substance that I can think of. Overdose on color." This is the perfect summation of the power of color - don't be afraid to use it!
I find Sarajo Frieden's Color Never Sleeps art very appealing. It illustrates her reliance and love for color in a beautiful way. (Picture Above) I found this link on apple.com http://www.apple.com/pro/color/palettes/frieden.html her attitude towards color resonated closely with me.


A Color Wheel that I Collaged


Medallion of Hue (painted by Margo Isadora)


2 Point Perspective that Pops (painted by Margo Isadora)


Eye Catching Colors in a Flower Arrangement


Rainbow Toes Perfectly Compliment these Prada Chandelier Shoes
(Jane from seaofshoes.com)


4 comments:

  1. USING COLOR IS A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE>

    YOU ARE AHEAD OF THE CURVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. A G Abbott [your great uncle] wrote COLOR OF

    LIFE in 1947.You will soon have a copy of this

    book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you grandma and pa... looking forward to reading it :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feeback! Thanks for sharing!