Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bamboo Heaven


Last week I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I was headed to see the 'American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity' exhibit, the Picasso Exhibit and Doug and Mike Starn on the roof: Big BambĂș. The fashion exhibit was beautiful and Picasso's work is always inspiring but the bamboo instillation on the roof struck a new chord with me. To be on the roof of the Met in a serene bamboo forest overlooking the city was incredible. Initially walking into the crowded museum I felt a bit overwhelmed. As I wound through the massive bamboo structure I felt relaxed and content peering up at the intricate masterpiece. I highly recommend visiting this growing instillation, as it will continue to expand and inspire those who experience it! Check it out on this link, http://www.metmuseum.org/special/se_event.asp?OccurrenceId=%7B9C6923D2-D348-4761-BEB3-A943934068D2%7D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feeback! Thanks for sharing!