Sunday, June 26, 2011

McQueen Magic

The late Alexander McQueen's career spanned from 1992 till his death in 2010, and in that time he changed the way many individuals perceive fashion.  The current exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC, 'Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty', celebrates one of the greatest designers, artists and visionaries of our time.  He challenged the current definition of beauty and design.  His avant garde silhouettes and iconic pieces are on display at the Met. The show's instillation is incredible - I think McQueen would be very pleased.  My visit left me in awe and truly inspired by his work and thought process.  McQueen was a creative spirit. He chose to express himself through fashion design and did it with such ease.  His contribution to the world of fashion is immeasurable and, simply put, incredible.  This is an exhibit not to MIS, it will be open till August 7th.  

Enjoy your visit, 
Margo Isadora


One of my all time favorites- simply exquisite.
An Inventive Process
Click link below to view the catwalk spray paint!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reK0A1XIjKA
Floral Fashion- Gorgeous
Flowing Fabric Perfection
Dark Feather Goddess
Gold Leaf Feather Jacket
Beautiful Roof View @ the Met
Thrilled from the beautiful exhibit!

2 comments:

  1. Wow your blog is great. I love discovering new york fashion bloggers, the exhibit sounds so beautiful. I love your origami post also! Now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I hope you get to see the incredible McQueen exhibit for yourself! I love new readers :) Enjoy. -MIS

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feeback! Thanks for sharing!