Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Magnificent Marimekko



Marimekko has always inspired me with their expressive timeless textiles. I have quite an affinity for their company and I think that their site perfectly encapsulates why I love this iconic brand. http://www.marimekko.com/






Recently this innovative brand collaborated with Converse to create an awesome line of sneakers in the classic converse style and a vibrant Marimekko textile. I am dying for a pair myself :) See the video on their collaboration here.


Love how they each come in their own printed sack!


Also be sure to check out the link below of their flower filled Spring/Summer 2011 Runway show. It is certainly one not to MIS, Spring/Summer 2011 Marimekko Fashion Show!



H&M did a spring tribute collection for Marimekko in 2008, they made some great pieces!



I happen to own the cute pink and orange parachute dress (lower left)- I found it at a thrift store last year :)

My Beautiful Twirling Friend in the great Marimekko-H&M dress!

3 comments:

  1. awesome I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo cool, I love reading all your posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, glad you enjoy the blog! Let me know who you are next time, love to know who my comments come from :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feeback! Thanks for sharing!