Thursday, December 30, 2010

Recent DIY Projects!

I've been in a DIY craze. After my creative spurt I must say I feel rejuvenated and reenergized - ready to start the year anew! Wanted to share some of the DIY projects that I've made over the past few months. Each has brought me or others great joy and I hope that spirit continues through the new year!


Sold my Record Art at a local art fair in the fall
It is currently being sold @ a great eco store called REcologie!


I decoupaged a styrofoam mannequin head with great tissue, as a birthday gift for a good friend of mine!



cute cut tee-scarf
(http://psimadethis.com/post/117053343 a perfect way to make use of an old tee shirt!)


Fun Solid Tee- Scarf



A new wardrobe of earrings from the Past 2 day's earrings extravaganza!
(new DIY magazine paper earringshttp://psimadethis.com/post/836414534/diamonds-may-be-a-girls-best-friend-however-ive )- the beauties on the bottom right are my good friend Liz's!
(also some old charms/jewelry pieces that i turned into cute earrings!)





2 comments:

  1. The record vases are realy cool, but I have to be honest that they kind of upset me. Records are rarely produced anymore, and their use is diminishing. Vinyl Records are becoming rare, and are coveted, special. Music is one of the most exquisite, emotional forms of artistic expression known to humanity. Perhaps these records are scratched beyond use, but if they are not please consider that art is creation--not destruction. I'm sure there would be a zillion other things you could come up with to create similarly amazing bowls...I know you're creative enough to do so! :) I just feel that though you are recycling, you may be taking away someone else's art to sell your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you feel that way. However, please note that most records I use are scratched beyond use, or sitting in moldy boxes in basements- destined for the trash. I completely respect and appreciate your love for the old vinyl music, it is awesome. But I do want you to know that these bowls bring smiles to many faces and provide great nostalgic memories. Sorry if my art form offends you, it was not intended to do so.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feeback! Thanks for sharing!