Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Sidewalk Catwalk

A few days ago, in the 95 degree heat, I took a walk down Broadway between Herald Square and Times Square. I was greeted by a free public art installation of beautiful mannequins that were proudly posed in the middle of the Garment District. 32 designers created weather proof looks to grace the streets and shine light on the Garment District, they will be up through September 3rd. Betsey Johnson, Jill Stuart, Elie Tahari, Isabel Toledo, and Nanette Lepore among others created gorgeous innovative apparel to outfit the models in. I was inspired by their innovative materials (i.e. flowers, straws, stones) and impeccable construction. I highly recommend taking this walk as it is one that I will never forget! Check out the link here http://sidewalk-catwalk.com/
Motivated by these creative looks I headed over to Mood Fabrics. As I patiently waited as the elevator rose to the 3rd floor I anticipated the store that I have dreamed about ever since I got hooked on Project Runway. Mood was better than I could have ever imagined, with 3 floors of fabric and lovely, creative, helpful people I was in heaven. In this magical place I picked out a vibrant swirl printed cotton fabric and beautiful orange fabric. I plan to use these in a halter dress that I have just began to make. I've already draped the muslin, now I need to trace the pattern onto pattern paper, cut the fabric, then finally sew it all together to create my finished dress! I will post a pic of my creation as soon as I'm done!

Enjoy,
Margo Isadora






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feeback! Thanks for sharing!